Bp Milling will continue production during the lockdown period to fulfil fish feed requirements whilst fisheries are closed to anglers. We want to share with you how seriously we're taking the pandemic and the precautions we will be taking to operate responsibly during this time:
- The BP Milling premises will be managed and operated by Ben who is living on the premises and will be the only working member of staff during the period. Ben is following government advice with a special focus on personal hygiene to ensure production can continue safely as normal.
- BP Milling is sited with access only via a half-mile private drive in a rural setting, the building is a private stand-alone unit which is not accessible to public.
- Cash or cheque will not be accepted as payment to prevent handling of potential contaminants during this time.
- Large material orders will be placed and order collections will be made less frequently to minimise lorries visiting the site.
- There will be no site visits from contractors or collections from customers during the lockdown period, access to the site only by authorised suppliers and Ben.
- Materials are delivered by rigid lorries that will be tipping materials on site, vehicle operators are taking preventative measures of their own whilst on site.
- Materials are then handled mechanically through the plant and only handled onto pallets by Ben, where protective equipment will be worn.
- Feed deliveries will be made by third party haulage companies who are operating responsibly and following their own preventative measures during this time.
We're happy that we're in a unique position that allows us to continue production as normal, albeit following these strict measures. Should we have any concerns about the health of anybody on site, then we will update you and operations will seize immediately. We hope that you and your families remain in good health during this period and we pray for a speedy passing of this awful pandemic, trusting that you're doing your bit to stay safe and prevent this virus from spreading.